ChewMaestro - Chew you way to better health
ChewMaestro helps you pace the amount of time you spend chewing. It is a simple timer that lets you know each time you should swallow by playing a sound. You might ask who needs to be taught to chew? We have been chewing since infancy and don't seems to have much problem doing it. However, studies have shown that insufficient chewing has a variety of medical downsides. Even with ChewMaestro running in the background, the sound will play over the top of music, games, and while reading web pages and email.
Different factors contribute to insufficient chewing including distracted eating and rushed meal times. Two major benefits of making a concerted effort to slow down chewing (and thus increase eating time) are:
- reduced caloric intake because chemicals in your body are able to tell your brain you are full before you cram more food into your stomach and
- better digestion because your food is more ground up through longer chewing times (which aids digestion in the stomach due to larger surface area of the food) as well as better mixture of food with saliva and the digestive enzymes found therein.
- Set a swallow time between 10 and 90 seconds
- Record your own custom alert sounds
- Shake your device to reset the timer in case you swallow early (whether in the app or in another app).
- Information about studies and history of the thorough chewing movement.
This is a pay-what-you-think-it-is-worth app, so if you find it useful (i.e. you feel it has helped you become healthier by improving your eating habits), feel free to make one of the in-app purchases. A healthy life is, after all, quite valuable.